Information collected by this site
- Information that you share with us including contact information and the contents of emails.
- Device information including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser.
- Log information including details of your interaction with our website and products.
- Cookies which are used for website analytics.
How this information is used
Contact information including your email address is used to provide you with customer support services and allow you to download our products.
Payment information including credit card numbers and / or bank details are not collected (or accessible) by us. We use PayPal to handle transactions. However, we do use your country, state / province and potentially other relevant transaction details for tax purposes.
Analytics cookies such as the Google Analytics cookie allow us to count page visits, traffic sources and similar data related to the usage of the website. The data obtained through these cookies is aggregated and anonymous.
Targeting cookies such as the Facebook Pixel allow us to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertisements, and may allow advertising networks such as Facebook to track the pages that you visit on our website in order to provide you with relevant advertisements.
Embedded content (from other websites)
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites work in exactly the same way as it would if the visitor had visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Your data and your rights
Data Protection legislation is in place to help protect your personal information – and give you control over how it is used. It gives you rights associated with your data, the main ones are listed below. They won’t always apply in every circumstance – but we will explain it to you if you choose to exercise any of your rights.
- Right to access You can request copies of any information we hold about you
- Right to rectification If you believe we have any of you details wrong, you can ask us to correct them
- Right to Erasure You can ask us to delete any information we hold about you. This will apply only when we do not have a legal basis to retain that information.
- Right to Restrict or Object to Processing This means controlling exactly what data we hold – you can ask us to stop using certain data or stop carrying out certain processes with your data.
- The right to complain to a “Supervisory Authority” I.e. an organisation that oversees Data Protection. This could be the Authority where you live, where you work – or the one for the UK, where we are based, which is the Information Commissioners Office.
How we protect your data and data breach procedures
Your data may be stored on computers and accounts with individual passwords that we change regularly. If these entities are ever compromised, we will try to inform you as soon as possible and take advice on how to further protect your data.
Request for Information
We will provide you with access to your personal data, including its use, should you request it. You may also request that we delete your data from the site, and the services we use to support the site.